Last Updated: Mar 05, 2021
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
- We receive and store any information you knowingly enter on the Services, whether via computers, mobile phones, other wireless devices, or that you provide to us in any other way. By using our suite of Edana applications, we process information which may include, without limitation, Personal Information such as your name, user name, email address, phone number, profile picture, school affiliation and location, and any other information necessary for us to provide our Services (it’s collected via the interface of the app). Please note that Edana Staff Portal displays personal data about children such as profile picture, names, learning and behavior notes, attendance records, contact information and other information necessary for the use of our services. It is each and every institution’s sole responsibility to adopt the adequate technical and organizational measures for protection of this information and Ed-admin shall in no way be held liable for failure to do so and any breaches resulted from the misconduct of the institution or its employees.
- By using our application Edana Parent Portal we process information which may include, without limitation, personal information such as your name, user name, email address, phone number, profile picture, location, as well as the same information about your children and some additional personal data about them, namely: teachers’ assessments, learning and behavior activities, report card, attendance reports, health data (e.g. health records and information about health incidents). The sensitive health data includes also family doctor’s contacts, blood group type, information about allergies and different type of parent’s authorizations towards the educational institution.
- We receive and store certain types of usage information whenever you interact with the Services; this information is not Personal Information. For example, when you download our Mobile Application, we automatically collect information on the type of device, name, and version of the operating system, name and version of the application, the numerical mobile device user ID, as well as actions performed by the user in accessing the Mobile Application. However, we do not ask you for, access or track any geographic-location-based information from your mobile device (i.e., any information regarding where your mobile device is located on the globe at a particular time) at any time while downloading or using our Mobile Applications.
- When you use the Services, you may set up your personal profile, form relationships, send messages, perform searches and queries, and transmit information through various channels, depending on the category of user ("User Category") you are registered as, and as permitted by the functionality of the Services. The information we gather from users enables us to personalize and improve our services and allows users to set up a user account and profile through the Services.
- The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as responding to your requests for certain information and services, customizing your experience, and communicating with you about the Services.
- Mobile usage information is used to determine the device capabilities and usage trends which allows us to better understand which devices we should support and what features are most frequently used.
- We will send notifications to your mobile device in order to make you aware of certain activities that may occur within your account, such as when someone has entered a new post, when you have new notifications, or when grades have been posted. You may opt-out of receiving these types of communications by turning them off at the device level.
WILL ED-ADMIN SHARE ANY OF THE PERSONAL INFORMATION IT RECEIVES?
Personal Information about our users is an integral part of our business.We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information; we may share your Personal Information in personally identifiable form only as described below.
- In certain situations, businesses or third party websites we're affiliated with may offer or sell items or provide services to you through the Services (either alone or jointly with us), including Publisher Software. We may, for example, work jointly with other businesses to offer or sell products or provide services, or we may work with third-party websites to enhance your online experience. These transactions or services may or may not be commercial in nature. You can recognize when such a business is associated with such a transaction or service. We will share your Personal Information with that business only to the extent that it is related to such transaction or service.
- We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Examples include sending Email, analyzing data, processing payments, and providing user services. Unless we tell you differently, Ed-admin's agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
- Your Ed-admin account Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You may help protect against unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
- Ed-admin endeavors to keep your information private; however, we cannot guarantee security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information.
- Please understand that we may be required to disclose an individual’s personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. It is not our intent to pass on any such personal information to public authorities, but in the identified circumstances, we may be required to do so.
- We reserve our right to change and update this Policy at any time. We may also notify data subjects or our clients in case we make some substantial updates.
We respect your rights over your personal data, including: right of access, correction, erasure, restriction of processing, objection and data portability, request a copy of your personal data.
We will not require you to pay any fee to accessing your personal information or to exercise any of the other rights and yet we may charge a reasonable fee if your request/requests is/are clearly unfounded or excessive. Any questions or requests related to this Policy shall be addressed at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We don’t own any content or information you provide or we receive - students, parents or education institutions will own their content and information. We store and process personal data that you have provided us to so that you can use our services. It is your responsibility to keep your phone and other used devices and access to the app secure. We recommend that you do not remove software restrictions and limitations imposed by the operating system of your device. Ed admin does not make any representations or warranties concerning any content incl. personal data while accessing through the Services, and we will not be responsible or liable for it’s accuracy. Our Services and any our software are provided on an “as-is” basis, without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. Each education institution is obliged to comply with all applicable regulatory provisions in terms of data protection and privacy – including, but without limitation, grounds for processing personal data and measures for its protection.
CONTACT INFORMATION OF OUR EU REPRESENTATIVE UNDER ART. 27 OF THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION